In 2000, the Valley Village Foundation was formed to ensure the future financial viability of Valley Village. The focus of the Foundation is the establishment of an endowment to provide lifelong care for our clients. The endowment is funded through earnings from donations and investments.
If you would like to support the efforts of the Foundation, please note “endowment” in your donation. Any donation to the endowment is tax-deductible. For your records, the Tax ID for the Foundation is: 91-2160112.
- Judi Prejean, President
- Judi is the Senior Vice President & Regional Manager at Bank of the West. Judi also serves as Treasurer of the Valley Village Board of Directors. Judi has served on the Foundation since 1999.
- Matthew Pondella, Vice President
- Matthew is the Chairman of the Fund Development Committee and also sits on the Valley Village Board of Directors. Matthew is Vice President at Arroyo Insurance and the President of the Entertainment Industry Club Kiwanis Group.
- Dolores Zimmermann, Secretary
- Dolores is retired from her position in HR at Litton Guidance and Control. Dolores is a founding parent of Valley Village, and a parent of one of Valley Village’s Residential Program clients. Dolores is a founding member of the Foundation.
- Robert Hay, Treasurer
- Bob is a partner at Perry, Hay & Chu accounting firm in Woodland Hills, CA. Bob has been involved with Valley Village for several years and has been an advisor to the Foundation Board of Directors.
- Dick Bartus
- Dick is the Board’s Planned Giving specialist. He is also a parent of a Valley Village Residential Program client, a founding parent, and a founder of the Foundation.
- Joseph Perdenza
- Joseph is a Vice President at Wells Fargo and is well known in the community for his support and experience with other local organizations.
- Danone Simpson
- Danone is the CEO and President of Montage Insurance Solutions. Danone’s area of expertise and success are in her ability to focus on individual clients, whether they are large or small groups.
- Los Angeles 3rd District Councilman Dennis P. Zine, Emeritus Director
- Councilman Zine serves the western San Fernando Valley. He has been involved with Valley Village since 2002 and is an Honorary Member of the Foundation Board of Directors.
- Guenther Engel, Emeritus Director
- Guenther is a parent of a Valley Village Residential Program client. Guenther is a founding member of the Foundation and has been involved with Valley Village since 1976. Guenther is retired from his career in structural engineering.
- June Stanton, Emeritus Director
- June became involved with Valley Village in 1972 as the organization’s treasurer. June is one of the founding parents and worked for Valley Village as the full-time bookkeeper and general office person between 1977 – 1996. June is also a founding member of the Foundation.
- Dwight Wheeler, Emeritus Director
- Dwight is a retired Vice President at Litton Guidance and Control Systems in Woodland Hills. Dwight’s wife, Barbara, became involved in Valley Village in the early 1970s. Both Dwight and his wife, Barbara, have been heavily involved in Valley Village. Dwight is a founding member of the Foundation.
To help ensure the future of our clients, Valley Village encourages their families and others who care about people with developmental disabilities to plan the distribution of their estate. Most people should plan, but for parents or guardians of persons with developmental disabilities, planning is an absolute must!
Dick Bartus, member of the Valley Village Foundation Board of Directors and Chairman of the Advanced Planning Committee, would be happy to field any questions you might have about the planned giving process, special needs trusts, or the Legacy Group. His services are provided at no cost and can also provide you with other resources. Dick is not acting as legal counsel. Please call our Development Office at (818) 587-9450, x120 for further information.
Legacy Group members are contributors who have listed Valley Village or the Valley Village Foundation as a beneficiary in their estate plan or will. Membership includes invitations to special Legacy Group member-only events as a thank you for your support. If you are considering planning your estate, or would like to speak to someone about the Legacy Group, please contact our Development Office at (818) 587-9450, x120.
Our Legacy Group Family:
- Ms. Christina Anthony
- Ms. Mary Banner
- Mr. and Mrs. Dick Bartus
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Campbell
- Mr. and Mrs. Don Cooper
- Mr. Richard Cooper
- Mr. and Mrs. Dick Crouch
- Ms. Ruth Deel
- Dr. and Mrs. Andrew Dixon
- Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Dun
- Mr. and Mrs. Guenther Engel
- Mr. and Mrs. Henry Goichman
- Mr. and Mrs. William Harney
- Mr. and Mrs. Russ Hawthorne
- Mr. George Morrera & Ms. Lauren Huber
- Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Lazaroff
- Mr. and Mrs. Ernie Letsch
- Ms. Glenna Lotspeich
- Mr. Robert Murashige & Ms. Marsha Richards
- Mr. Joseph Perdenza
- Ms. Mary Sandorf
- Mr. Marc Weisel & Ms. Sharon Sackin
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Sharples
- Mr. and Mrs. Ron Smith
- Mr. and Mrs. George Stanton
- Mr. and Mrs. Larry Trusty
- Mr. and Mrs. Dwight Wheeler
- Ms. Aida Wittman
- Mr. and Mrs. Ed Zimmermann
Thank you for being a Legacy Group member.